I have wanted to try this recipe for broiled tilapia parmesan from allrecipes.com for a while, however, Nate does not like tilapia, so it kept getting vetoed. But, we finally came to a compromise and made it with haddock. This is probably the easiest seafood dish that I have ever made and it is very good!
Broiled Tilapia (Haddock) Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use light mayo)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (Only used 1 tablespoon, and it was still very lemony)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt (I didn’t have any so I used seasoned salt)
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets (I used haddock)
Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo and lemon juice. Season with spices. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. I sprinkled the fillets with some Old Bay seasoning. Broil on high, a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes.
Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.