These veggie bars are so good! They are a great way to have fresh vegetables at a party without going the traditional veggies and dip routine. From allrecipes.com, I typically only make half of the recipe, unless there is a large group of people.
Veggie Bars (1/2 of traditional recipe w/my modifications)
- 1 8-ounce package crescent rolls
- 1 8-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ envelope ranch dressing mix
- Assorted raw vegetables, chopped (tomatoes, broccoli, red onions, celery, carrots, cauliflower, green and/or red peppers)
- ½ to ¾ cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread crescent rolls out onto a baking sheet or a pizza pan. Crimp seams together. Bake 8 – 10 minutes. Leave on pan until cool.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing – mix well. Spread over cooled crust. Top with assorted vegetables. Sprinkle cheese over top. Chill 1 – 2 hours before serving. Cut into bars and serve.