I have been making this trifle for a couple years now and it is always a huge hit! There are several variations on this recipe, but I like this version the best. Not to mention that this delicious combination of chocolate, whipped cream and toffee bars looks beautiful when layered in a trifle dish.
Death By Chocolate Trifle
- 9×13 pan of brownies, baked (Use your favorite box mix or double this recipe)
- 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee (or Kahlua)
- 4 cups of chocolate mousse ( 2 boxes if you use instant mousse)
- Large tub of whipped topping ( I prefer this to cool whip as it is not as sweet)
- 6-7 Heath or Skor bars, crushed
Using a pastry brush, “paint” coffee over pan of brownies. You probably won’t use all of the coffee, you want the brownies to be moist, but still hold their shape. Cut the brownies in to small squares.
In a large trifle dish, layer just under 1/2 of the brownies, 1/2 of the mousse, 1/2 of the whipped topping and 1/2 of the toffee bars. Repeat the layers, ending with the toffee bars on top. You will have some extra of the ingredients leftover.