I was looking for something to do with potatoes on the grill when I found this recipe at allrecipes.com. I love that you can cook these in a foil packet right on the grill, and who doesn’t love easy clean-up! Make sure you really spray the foil with cooking spray or coat with olive oil, because these potatoes will stick. We had these with some lightly seasoned grilled swordfish and a salad.
Grilled Garlic Potatoes
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ( I used sharp white cheddar)
Preheat grill for high heat.
Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray, or coat with Olive Oil. Arrange potato slices, separated by onion and butter slices, on aluminum foil. Top with garlic, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Tightly seal potatoes in the foil.
Place on the preheated grill, and cook 20 minutes, turning once, or until potatoes are tender.
Sprinkle potatoes with Cheddar cheese, reseal foil packets, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.