My local supermarket has started giving out free recipe cards every week from America’s Test Kitchen. This recipe was one that they featured a couple weeks ago that looked really good! I love how this chicken came out, it was very moist and the Parmesan garlic crust added great flavor.
Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Garlic Crust
- 1 cup bread crumbs, preferably fresh (see note)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup mayo (I used light mayo)
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 9×13-inch baking dish. Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 160 degrees, 18-22 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: To make fresh bread crumbs, process 2 slices of hearty white sandwich bread in a food processor until coarsely ground.