I made this to bring to work on July 4th. Nobody wants to work the holidays, but when we have to, we all bring in food to make the day a little more fun. This spinach spread is always a hit whenever I bring it anywhere, and it is so simple to make! The recipe is from my Mom, she has been making this for years, I am not sure where she got it from though.
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (I use low-fat)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (I use light mayo)
- 1 Can (8 oz.) Water Chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Package Lipton Vegetable Soup Mix (Any vegetable soup mix will work, but I prefer Lipton)
- 1 Package (10 oz.) Frozen Spinach, thawed
Drain spinach very well, ring out excess water with a kitchen towel or paper towels. Place spinach in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with French/Italian bread rounds or raw veggies. **This looks great when served in a bread bowl.