I was looking for a tropical rice recipe to have with the teriyaki kabobs I was making for dinner and found this one over at Steamy Kitchen. This rice was very good and went perfectly with the beef kabobs. I did decrease the sesame oil a bit and my rice was very sticky, but I think it is because I was rushing and didn’t rinse it enough.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2-3/4 cup chicken broth (I used low-sodium)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used light)
- 1 cup crushed pineapples
- 2 T soy sauce (or Tamari on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 T sesame oil (I used 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Optional toppings: macadamia nuts, almonds, toasted coconut flakes (I used almonds)
Rinse the rice several times until the water runs clear. In a medium pot, add the chicken broth and coconut milk and heat until almost boiling. Add the rice and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer rice for 18-20 minutes, until rice is tender.
With a fork, fluff up the rice as you add crushed pineapples, soy sauce and sesame oil. Top with chopped green onion and any of the delightful toppings.