I first had this fruit salad when I went to a cookout at my Dad’s house, and it was so delicious! I am not even sure if Creamy Fruit Salad is the real name, everyone just kept calling it “the fruit stuff that Sam brought.” Well Sam was nice enough to give me the recipe. You can use any combination of canned and or fresh fruit that you want.
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened to room temp. ( I used light)
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size chunks or 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (6 oz) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 pint of strawberries, rinsed, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup of blueberries, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups purple grapes, rinsed
Combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese with a stand or hand mixer on medium speed. Fold in the cool whip and set aside. Combine the fruit in a large, make sure it is well dried after rinsing or the salad will be soupy. Gently stir in the cream cheese mixture and let set in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. You may not use all of the cream cheese mixture, but it is delicious for dipping fruit in as well.