We celebrated my daughter, Abigail’s first birthday last weekend. This past year has flown by and I can’t believe my baby is already one. We had a ton of people at our house, and Abby had a great time.
I wanted to keep the food simple and avoid using the oven, so here is what was on the menu. I will feature most of this recipes in upcoming posts.
- Italian Tomato Cups
- Roasted Artichoke and Spinach Dip in the mini crock pot
- Chips and Salsa
- Veggie Tray with Dip
- Deviled Eggs (brought by my friend Melissa)
- Garlic Cheese Spread with assorted crackers
- Fresh Fruit Skewers and Fruit Dip
- Stuffed Mushrooms (brought by my MIL)
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Kielbasa, and mini hot dogs in the crock pot
- Finger Sandwiches (ham and cheddar, turkey and provolone, roast beef and Swiss) served with lettuce, tomato and condiments
- Birthday Cake (yellow cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream)
- Pretty Pink Punch
The food set-up (while, most of it):
These are the invitations that I made, I used them as inspiration for the cake and decorations.
These silk flowers are sitting in mason jars filled half way with decorative rocks, with 1-inch ribbon tied around the middle. For the candles, I used 8 clear glass votive holders. I tied each votive holder with different shades of pink and purple ribbon, and put a plain white candle inside. I purchased a 12-pack of these votive holders at a craft store a while ago, and each season I take a couple of them and change out the ribbon and candle inside. I love how easy and inexpensive these decorations were, and they looked great!
I made this banner with inspiration from Martha Stewart. I made mine slightly differently than she did and I love how it came out! I printed the letters on white card-stock, font size 130. Cut the letters out with the 2 1/2 inch size circle and glued them to 3 inch circles, also cut from card-stock. I alternated pink and purple circles. I then attached the ribbon to the backs of the letters with double sided tape. Then placed another 2 1/2 inch circle over the ribbon with glue to secure it in place.
I also made light and dark pink tissue paper pom poms, that I hung from the ceiling. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of them.