For my sister-in-law’s baby shower, I volunteered to make chicken salad with this recipe in mind. After reading Annie’s rave reviews about it, I knew it would be perfect. I will admit, pineapple in chicken salad sounded a little odd to me the first time I read it, but the flavors in this recipe blend together perfectly. I would highly recommend this next time you are looking for a new chicken salad recipe.
Pineapple Chicken Salad
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 8-oz. can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, drained
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve on rolls, croissants, or in pita pockets with romaine lettuce.