I was looking for a warm dip to have for my daughter’s birthday party when I remembered this recipe from Katie. I made this back at Christmas time as well, and it was very popular. It is the roasted artichokes that makes this dip so delicious, it is a small step that adds a huge amount of flavor! I decreased the amount to fit in my mini crock and made a few small changes to make it more crock-pot friendly, to see the original recipe, click here.
Roasted Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 1 (14 oz) can of premium artichoke hearts
- 1 olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) package of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. assorted cheeses, grated (I used Parmesan and mozzarella)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced thyme leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Toss drained artichokes with olive oil, salt and ground black pepper. Spread out over the baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally. Until browned at the edges, about 25 minutes. Let the artichokes cool and chop coarse.
Meanwhile combine garlic, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, cheeses, lemon juice and thyme. Fold in spinach and chopped artichokes, season with salt and pepper to taste. At this point, mixture can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days if needed.
If you are baking this, transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until heated through and top is golden brown.
Or, transfer to mini crock-pot and warm for approximately 1 hour before serving. I did need to add a splash of milk after about 2 hours in the crock pot, as the dip was starting to get very thick.
Adapted from Good Things Catered.