For week two of Snack Food Sunday, I am posting these bacon pinwheels. Bacon and cheese rolled up in a flaky crescent roll, does it get any better?! There is not much else to say about these except they are delicious!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley)
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix cream cheese, bacon, Parmesan cheese, onions, parsley and milk until well blended; set aside.
Take the two triangular pieces of dough and press the perforations together to seal and create a rectangle. Divide the cream cheese mixture into four equal parts and spread 1/4 of the mixture evenly onto the dough.
Cut the dough lengthwise into four equal pieces, approximately 1/2 to 3/4-inches wide. Roll the dough up into a pinwheel and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I had a couple other participants for Snack Food Sundays this week. Want to submit your snack, click here for details!