I recently attended a house warming party, and the host had set out these yummy little rolls stuffed with pepperoni and cheese. They were so delicious, but unfortunately she had ordered them from a local restaurant, so there was no recipe to steal! The crust was flaky and buttery, with a subtle garlic flavor wrapped around pepperoni and gooey cheese. I decided to re-create these at home using the new Pillsbury recipe creations and overall I think I was pretty close to the version that I had. I served these with warm marinara sauce.
- 1 tube Pillsbury recipe creations
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- Warmed marinara sauce, for dipping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out crescent dough and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Evenly space pepperoni slices, and tOp with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Starting with the long side, carefully roll up the dough. When completely rolled, pinch the edges to seal. Carefully cut the roll into 16 slices. Place cut side up on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce.