I had some leftover wontons from the garlic, cheese and sausage bites I recently made when I remembered I had starred this recipe in my google reader. I brought these, along with some other treats, when we went to my sister-in-laws house to meet her new baby! They were absolutely delicious! I did make some substitutions based on what I had at home. I prepped these at my house, then cooked them at SIL’s house. A note about the picture, I left the ingredients to make a couple at home to bake for my blog, but accidently burned the wontons a bit! They still tasted delicious, just a bit crispy.
Ranch Chicken Wontons
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 packages shredded taco cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- 1 (16 fl oz) bottle Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing (not light or fat free)
- 1 tsp chili powder + extra for garnish (I did not use)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- green onion to taste, chopped
Preheat oven to 425F.
Line cupcake pan with wonton wrappers. Bake 3-4 minutes until edges are brown. Continue with all wrappers until they are complete. Arrange baked shells on cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken and entire bottle of ranch dressing. Add 1 tsp chili powder (can add more depending on your taste), garlic powder and bacon. Fill shells with chicken mixture and top with cheese and green onions.
Bake until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.