Another winning Barefoot Bloggers recipe! This was one of my favorites to date. I really love the combination of the fresh tomatoes and mozzarella, with the tangy sun-dried tomato dressing. I did omit the olives and capers, but this pasta salad still packed a ton of flavor! This recipe would be perfect for a pot-luck or BBQ this summer, I know I can’t wait to make it again!
Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fusilli(spirals) pasta (I used whole wheat rotini)
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, medium-diced
- 3/4 cup good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced (omited)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, medium-diced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, julienned
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained (omited)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons and it was plenty)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt, and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and basil, and toss well.
Source: Barefoot Contessa Family Style.
You may also like: