Potato Bundles

by Melissa on August 26, 2009

I am always looking for new side dishes to have with dinner and while these are similar to roasted potatoes, cooking them on the grill means no heating up the oven! Not to mention the really easy clean up. These potatoes come out very tender and have plenty of flavor from the onions and parsley.  You could really use any herb that you wanted in these, and I think garlic would make a great addition as well. I know we will definitely be making these again on the grill while the weather is warm, then switching to the oven this winter. I did decrease the amount of butter and cream, as reflected below, and make sure you dice the potatoes small so they will cook in a reasonable time!

007

Potato Bundles

• 6 whole Russet Potatoes, diced small
  • ½ whole Yellow Onion, diced small
  • 1/2 stick Butter
  • 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
  • Kosher Salt To Taste
  • Paprika To Taste
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
  • 2 Tablespoons Minced Parsley, or any fresh herb

Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoons butter. Splash on cream. Then sprinkle on salt, paprika, and black pepper. Sprinkle minced parsley over the top.

Wrap bundles tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until extremely tender. (Or grill on medium heat for ~30 minutes)

Serve bundles right on the dinner plate.

Source: The Pioneer Woman.

You may also like:

Kate August 26, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Such a versatile recipe – this would probably also work great with veggies, or even adding corn in with the potatoes.

snooky doodle August 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Delicious! Nice variation to my usual roasted potatoes :)

Visit my new blog at http://snookysrecipedoodles.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth F. August 26, 2009 at 9:40 pm

This looks like an easy way to cook up my favorite starch – nice job!

Erin August 26, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I saw another recipe for grilling foil packets of potatoes just the other day, but I can’t remember where! Regardless, it sounds like a great idea. I just bought some metal skewers for the grill today, so maybe next week I’ll try to grill some potatoes with the kabobs I’m already planning.

The Novice Chef August 29, 2009 at 4:18 pm

My dad makes something just like this! It is so delicious! We love to add Rosemary to ours…such an easy great way to cook potatoes!

Lindsey August 30, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Yum! I do this all the time with potatoes on the grill. It’s so easy and tasty.

Alysia September 9, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Delicious! I can’t wait to try it during the winter. Nice and warm potatoes are great side when it is chilly out.